For nearly 30 years, COMPCO has been at the forefront of protecting people and property from fire. As the UK’s largest independently owned fire-engineering company, COMPCO has the expertise, resources and stability to meet the needs of clients and projects of any scale.
From a project-managed installation to servicing and maintenance, Compco tailor services to the exact requirements of any project. Working within many markets and from four regional centres, COMPCO offers the ability and expertise of a major contractor, with the convenience of a local supplier.
We are currently looking to employ a motivated, driven and positive individual for the role of Credit Controller within our Accounts Department. The vacancy is to replace an employee who is retiring from the business at the end of March, so a potential start date will be the beginning of March to ensure a full handover takes place.
All individuals will need to be able to demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ – excellent career opportunities are available for those who exceed expectations.
This position requires an individual who is comfortable chasing outstanding payments from customers, and is able to reduce debtor days in an efficient & professional manner. Working within a target driven Accounts department, applicants should be comfortable handling various credit related questions/queries, whilst striving to meet & exceed internal targets.
Some of the key duties for the role will include (but not be limited to):
- Sending out arrears letters
- Instructing solicitors as necessary
- Posting cash payments on sage
- Maintaining good contact with solicitors
- Collection of arrears in a timely manner
- Reporting information to the accounts team in a timely, efficient and appropriate manner Dealing with all queries that come through quickly and efficiently
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience within a demanding financial/ credit control position
- Strong customer service and communication skills – written skills, excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Sage 50.
Candidates: The successful candidate will have solid Finance/Credit Control experience in a high volume processing environment. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to work under pressure and you will have good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Sage. We are looking for target driven individuals who are assertive and tenacious to achieve the company goals.
The value of the remuneration package will be competitive and will comprise:
- Competitive Annual Salary paid on the 28th of each month
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance (after probationary period)
- Death in Service Insurance
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service Awards