For nearly 30 years, COMPCO has been at the forefront of protecting people and property from fire. As the UK’s largest independently owned fire-engineering company, COMPCO has the expertise, resources and stability to meet the needs of clients and projects of any scale.
From a project-managed installation to servicing and maintenance, Compco tailor services to the exact requirements of any project. Working within many markets and from four regional centres, COMPCO offers the ability and expertise of a major contractor, with the convenience of a local supplier.
We are currently looking to employ a motivated, driven and positive individual for the role of Trainee Small Works Estimator within our busy Small Works Department in Worcester.
All individuals will need to be able to demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ – excellent career opportunities are available for those who exceed expectations.
- To assess scope of works of enquiries (Ranging from small works to major projects)
- To carry out site surveys
- To cost and assess values of contracts
- To prepare tender documentation and presentations
- To attend post tender meetings with sales staff
- To conduct hand over meets to contract teams
- Excellent IT skills, with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. AutoCAD would be an advantage.
- Proven verbal and written English communication skills
- G.S.C.E Grade B or above in Mathematics would be preferred
- Track record in finding solutions to problems within deadlines
- Proven ability to organise self and others
- Methodical with attention to detail.
- Dedicated team of experienced operational managers at your disposal to help map out your development.
- A personal mentor and a senior manager will be appointed to provide professional support and guidance.
The value of the remuneration package will be competitive and will comprise:
- Competitive Annual Salary paid on the 28th of each month
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance (after probationary period)
- Death in Service Insurance
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service Awards
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Required licence or certification:
- Driving Licence