For over 28 years, COMPCO has been at the forefront of protecting people and property from fire. As the UK’s largest independently owned fire-engineering company, COMPCO has the expertise, resources and stability to meet the needs of clients and projects of any scale.
From a project-managed installation to servicing and maintenance, we will tailor our services to the exact requirements of your project. With a broad experience in all fire-protection technologies, we will make sure you benefit from the most suitable solution for your needs.
Working within many markets and from four regional centres, COMPCO offers the ability and expertise of a major contractor, with the convenience of a local supplier.
Compco is committed to attracting, developing and retaining people of the highest calibre to continue the provision of service excellence and maximise added value to our customers.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit Project Managers for the London Region. We have 2 Regional Offices in London based in Surrey Quays and Hemel Hempstead. However, the majority of your workload will be carried out on site in London and Home Based.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- 2 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
- Experience at working both independently and a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
A demonstrable track record within the M&E Industry would be desirable, but not essential as full training will be given to the right candidate. Experience of managing multiple projects to a successful conclusion, basic PC skills are essential, however you must be technically competent with Microsoft Excel and MS Project. You will also need to be flexible during times of change.
The value of the remuneration package will be competitive and will comprise:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Oyster Card for travel within the City
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance (after probationary period)
- Death in Service Insurance
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service Awards