For over 28 years, COMPCO has been at the forefront of protecting people and property from fire. As the UK’s largest independently owned fire-engineering company, COMPCO has the expertise, resources and stability to meet the needs of clients and projects of any scale.
From a project-managed installation to servicing and maintenance, we will tailor our services to the exact requirements of your project. With a broad experience in all fire-protection technologies, we will make sure you benefit from the most suitable solution for your needs.
Working within many markets and from four regional centres, COMPCO offers the ability and expertise of a major contractor, with the convenience of a local supplier.
COMPCO is committed to attracting, developing and retaining people of the highest calibre to continue the provision of service excellence and maximise added value to our customers.
Due to continued expansion and growth, we are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor for our Central London Office.
To manage and provide the necessary commercial, financial and contractual support required for key projects.
- Work with Project Management and Sales teams, assisting in the co-ordination of quotations and proposal development, including pre-tender site surveys.
- Creation of project work schedules, budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Procuring materials & services and negotiating with subcontractors.
- Review contractual documentation; assist Project Managers with commercial and contractual matters.
- Manage the cash flow on the project; prepare financial information for Directors and Project Managers and manage financial variations.
- Ensure all contract control activities are carried out and updated/amended as necessary.
- Accurately record and process related documents and records.
- Build and maintain customer confidence
- Develop an understanding of the full range of products and services offered by Compco.
- Be familiar with all relevant standards and codes of practice.
The ideal candidate will have at least four years’ experience in managing commercial work in a mechanical and engineering environment and a detailed knowledge of contract conditions. This will ideally be supported by an appropriate qualification.
Amongst your personal qualities, you will have a high level of commitment, expertise and flexibility. You will also possess the ability to negotiate contract claims with customers and suppliers and manage risk associated with the Company’s contracts. In addition, you should be physically mobile as you will need to undertake short visits within the UK, therefore a current UK driving licence is necessary.
- High levels of energy, self-motivation and self-sufficiency.
- Organised and highly methodical.
- Strong commercial experience and business acumen.
- Detail conscious but able to understand and contribute to the bigger picture.
- Personable with good negotiating skills.
- Possess strong customer and quality focus.
- Resilience, determination and enthusiasm.
- Credibility, both individually and as a member of the client facing team.
- IT literate with good numerical reasoning skills.
- A capacity to work within a dynamic, volatile and highly competitive market.
The value of the remuneration package will be competitive and will comprise:
- Competitive Salary
- Oyster Card for Travel in the City
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance (after probationary period)
- Death in Service Insurance
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service Awards