The Role: To run and provide the necessary commercial, financial and contractual support required for key projects.
- Work with Project Management and Sales teams, assisting in the co-ordination of quotations and proposal development, including pre-tender site surveys.
- Creation of project work schedules, budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Procuring materials & services and negotiating with subcontractors.
- Review contractual documentation; assist Project Managers with commercial and contractual matters.
- Manage the cash flow on the project; prepare financial information for Directors and Project Managers and run financial variations.
- Ensure all contract control activities are carried out and updated/amended as necessary.
- Accurately record and process related documents and records.
- Build and maintain customer confidence
- Develop an understanding of the full range of products and services offered by Compco.
- Be familiar with all relevant standards and codes of practice.
- You will need at least 2 – 4 years experience in running commercial work in a mechanical and engineering environment and a detailed knowledge of contract conditions. This will ideally be supported by an appropriate qualification.
- Amongst your personal qualities, you will have a high level of dedication, expertise and flexibility. You will also possess the ability to negotiate contract claims with customers and suppliers and manage risk associated with the Company’s contracts. In addition, you should be physically mobile as you will need to undertake short visits within the UK, therefore a current UK driving licence is necessary.
- High levels of energy, self-motivation and self-sufficiency.
- Organised and highly methodical.
- Strong commercial experience and business insight.
- Detail conscious but able to understand and commit to the bigger picture.
- Personable with good negotiating skills.
- Possess strong customer and quality focus.
- Resilience, determination and enthusiasm.
- Credibility, both individually and as a member of the client facing team.
- IT literate with good numerical reasoning skills.
- A capacity to work within a dynamic, volatile and highly visionary market.
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Car or Car Allowance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status