Apprentice/Trainee Project Engineer – Hemel Hempstead
Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
For over 30 years, COMPCO has been at the forefront of protecting people and property from fire. As the UK’s largest independently owned fire-engineering company, COMPCO has the expertise, resources and stability to meet the needs of clients and projects of any scale.
COMPCO is committed to attracting, developing and retaining people of the highest calibre to continue the provision of service excellence and maximise added value to our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Hemel Hempstead Regional Office for an ‘Apprentice/Trainee Project Engineer’. The role requires sound logic, analytical and excellent communication skills and this is a permanent full-time Apprentice/Trainee role and is ideally suited to school and college leavers.
As an Apprentice / Trainee Project Engineer, you will be actively involved in our live major projects working alongside one of our experienced Project Managers. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients working in teams alongside other construction professionals (Architects, Engineers and the like). We believe that actually doing the work itself gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both independently and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop. Compco Fire will support you towards a level 4 Associate Project Management Apprenticeship qualification. On the job technical Construction Project Management training will be provided including mentoring by an experienced Project Manager.
Minimum Requirements No relevant experience is necessary. The position is ideally suited to school and college leavers at A-Level standard (or equivalent) who can demonstrate:
- Show an aptitude towards good logic, analytical and numerical skills.
- Minimum of grade ‘C’ Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent).
- Demonstrate an interest in and a desire to pursue a career in Project Management.
- Commitment to continued education and improvement through on-the-job learning and training opportunities.
- Practical, adaptable and enthusiastic.
- English language proficient, holding excellent communication skills.
What We Offer The value of the remuneration package will be competitive and will comprise:
- Company pension
- Competitive salary, yet the starting salary will follow the National Minimum Wage for an apprentice or relevant age banding
- Private medical insurance (after probationary period)
- Death in service insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Long service awards