With all the hullabaloo surrounding the tuition fee increase, you might be thinking about gaining qualifications another way. Apprenticeships are a great way for you to enter many different industries. In fact, vacancies for apprentices have risen by 15% over the last year, and applications have increased by almost a third. So, why are so many people in the UK turning to apprenticeships over more traditional career paths? It’s all about the benefits. Here are five reasons why an apprenticeship could be right for you:
● Apprenticeships are structured training programmes which gives you a chance to work (literally) towards a qualification. They help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your chosen industry.
● Getting into employment earlier means there’s lots of potential for you to progress in your career quickly. You can also begin to earn a good salary much earlier on in your life.
● Apprenticeships give you fantastic experience in the working world and show employers that you can ‘hit the ground running’. Hands-on training gives you a real chance to put your skills into practice and helps you to gain more confidence in a working environment.
● You earn while you learn. That’s right! No student loans, no tuition fees, and no student debt. You’ll be paid a salary by your employer and the cost of your course will be covered.
● There are over 400 different types of apprenticeships. So whether you’re hankering after a career in business, sport, marketing or construction, there’s something for everyone
● Apprenticeships offer a varied learning experience. You won’t have to spend all of your days studying; most of the time you’ll be working at a company.
Here at Compco Fire Systems we offer apprenticeships throughout the business and regional offices and vary from a Business Administration Apprenticeship through to a Project Management, Quantity Surveying and the newly formed NVQ level 2 in Sprinkler Installation. We work with local training providers to support the apprentices throughout the duration of the programmes and welcome applications from candidates from school leaver age and above (apprentices must be aged 18 or over for site base apprenticeship programmes due to health & safety and insurance purposes).
Past and completed apprenticeships have had huge success on both Compco and the employees. We believe that apprentices are our future work force and we can demonstrate success stories throughout the business, our management team is made up of ex-apprentices that have worked their way through the business from the bottom to the top through their hard work and determination.
Home grown talent is the way forward for Compco Fire, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining apprentices of the highest calibre to continue the provision of service excellence and maximise added value to our customers.
If you are interested in working for Compco Fire as an apprentice, then we would love to hear from you.
Please contact our HR team in Worcester @ email@example.com or telephone 01905 741600.