Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a friendly and technically minded individual with a strong work ethic to join our small IT Department as an IT Support Technician based in our Worcester office, however, travel to other sites may be required occasionally.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing IT software and hardware support, training and assistance to all personnel at all offices, over the phone, remotely and in person.
To provide technical support, advice, assistance and training to staff on the following IT packages currently used by the Company and for projected new similar packages:
Microsoft Office software
Windows Operating Systems
Networking – LAN/WAN
Any bespoke and third party software that you will receive training on
2) To create and rollout standard software builds for PCs and laptops.
3) Diagnose, upgrade and, or repair PC hardware.
4) Liaise with IT hardware / software / services Suppliers.
5) To report any recurring software, PC and related problems to the IT Manager and to work with them to resolve the problems.
6) In conjunction with the other members of the IT team provide induction training to all new staff on the use of the Company’s IT systems.
7) To prepare and update documents, templates and forms as required.
8) To ensure, with the IT Manager, that the appropriate software upgrades are installed on individual PCs.
9) To install new software on the company’s PCs and servers.
10) To maintain the software, license and hardware inventory and maintain a record of the IT software maintenance contracts.
11) In conjunction with the IT team develop and maintain the Company’s Internet and Intranet sites and online services.
12) To assist with the development and maintenance of the Company’s business management software.
13) To undertake projects as required by the IT Manager.
14) Provide input into the development of the Company’s IT plans and strategy.
15) To help to ensure the confidentiality and security of all client’s documentation and/or information.
16) Data archiving.
17) Setting up smart devices.
18) Sourcing equipment from preferred suppliers.
19) General problem solving and solution finding.
20) Workstation relocations.
21) To undertake any other duties that may be allocated to you from time to time.
Key Competences & Knowledge
Excellent client service skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Keen interest in IT and willing to grow.
Ability to prioritise.
Capacity to improve support processes.
Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role
1st line technical support
Support knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013/2016 packages
Windows Operating Systems
Understanding Active Directory
PC hardware support / maintenance
Windows Server administration
Group Policy administration
2nd line technical support
The value of the remuneration package will be competitive and will comprise:
Private medical insurance (after probationary period)
Personal development and training opportunities
Long service awards
Cycle to work scheme
Regular social & charity events
23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing with long service